Evergreen Sign Company was thrilled to work on this ambitious project in 2018 with the property owner to provide standardized signage across the entirety of the Seattle Exchange @ Southcenter business park, located in Tukwila, WA. The property owner was focused on the aesthetics, standardization and overall effectiveness of a complete exterior and interior signage overhaul. Little expense was spared when selecting materials and design elements, and our in-house design team was mindful of the City of Tukwila Subarea Plan and newest local architecture as the package developed.
Evergreen was charged with developing signage for this park through all phases of work: site surveys, design, permitting, fabrication, tenant communication, and installation, as well as ongoing maintenance. The overall package is comprised of a collection of identification signs that labels the park as a whole, labels the individual buildings contained within, and identifies the tenants individually. The park itself covers 1,796,033 square feet or 41.23 acres. It encompasses 38 buildings, and is occupied by over 300 small and medium size businesses.
The comprehensive signage package consists of:
- Main Monuments: Located at each of the three primary entrances to Seattle Exchange @ Southcenter. They present a dramatic and attractive entry to the park featuring blackened hot roll steel exteriors, reverse cutaways and dimensional letters. The color palette stands out in any season and commands attention along busy roadways.
- Building ID Monuments: Located strategically through the park, these work in tandem with Building ID numbers and addresses to assist with park interior wayfinding. These feature the same basic design elements and materials as the main monuments using steel, cutaways and dimension.
- Building ID: Each building (38 total) received updated painted PVC panels that call out the building number as well as required addresses in places where applicable.
- Exterior/Mezzanine Tenant Signs: Typical exterior tenant signs show the suite number/address/company name and a space for branding/logos. Signs were fabricated from blackened steel plates with painted panels for changeable tenant information carrying the high-end finish of the monuments through the exterior package.
- Mezzanine Directory: Select two story buildings use directory style signage to reduce clutter on the fascia of the building and use directional arrows where needed to show tenant location.
- Interior Tenant Signs: All tenants with an interior entrance into their space have signs in compliance with ADA standards that incorporate suite number/address, fixed color and fonts, a space for tenant branding and raised copy with Grade II Braille.
- Interior wall graphics: Common interior building hallways and property owner office space received full coverage color wall graphics (printed on interior matte vinyl) in a variety of patterns and color palettes.
- Interior Signage: All common interior doors are labeled in accordance with ADA compliance standards. These doors include restrooms, electrical rooms, janitor rooms, etc.
- Exterior Electrical Room Signs: All buildings received an Exterior Electrical Room Sign package incl. a placard sign that matches tenant signage, after hours emergency contact info, an ACM panel with reflective red background labeling the Fire Alarm Control Panels.
- Vinyl: All rear entrance doors of ground level tenant spaces are labels with white high-performance vinyl showing the address or suite number. Additionally, all primary entrance doors to exterior suites and mezzanine entrances are labeled similarly. Affected tenants were also allowed standardized area for cut vinyl graphics.
- Leasing Signs: Several 4’ wide x 8’ tall double-sided signs were buried into the landscaping and contact business park leasing agent contact information was included.
Following months of design, fabrication, and installation work, the end result is reflected in the photo gallery here. This comprehensive business park package displays the full range of skills of the entire Evergreen Sign Company team, with a tip of the hat to our installers, sub-contractors and project managers who worked tirelessly to hit critical deadlines and remained steadfast during the production process. Their sign industry experience and solutions-based instincts gave us great confidence in our ability to present an impressive sign package for our client.